Sivan—The Third Month of the Hebrew Year 5781 May 12–June 10, 2021
The Month of Covenant and Blessing—Sometimes Called the “Businessperson’s Month”
In Acts 2, He poured the Holy Spirit upon them. There should never ever be any question that God wants to bless His people in every way: spiritually, physically, emotionally, relationally, and financially. This all hinges on the covenant He has made with us. We can’t earn it. We can only receive it by faith by aligning with Him. This covenant began with Abraham. On Mt. Sinai, God then entered into covenant with Israel as a nation (Exod. 19–20). And through His death and resurrection, Jesus instituted a far better covenant (Heb. 7:22) .
Iyar, the 2nd month was about aligning ourselves with God in every way—with our thoughts, our will, and our emotions. Regardless of the trial or difficulty, our thought should be, “Lord, You have always come through for me before. I wonder what miracle You will do now.”
1. The month of Zebulun. The “businessperson’s month” and the month of Pentecost (May 17–18). God wants us to learn about prosperity. Genesis 49:13 states, “Zebulun shall dwell by the haven of the sea; He shall become a haven for ships, and his border shall adjoin Sidon.” Deuteronomy 33:19 states, “For they shall partake of the abundance of the seas and of treasures hidden in the sand.” We must conquer any mindset that God does not want us to have prosperity. We must also defeat the mindset that it is we who earn our money, or that we earn our living by our own efforts. Yes, work is part of our ministry and “the sweat of [one’s] brow” came about because of the fall of Adam (Gen. 3:19) , but God wants us to know it is He who gives us the power to obtain wealth (Deut. 8:18) . Thinking that our success is because of our own efforts actually puts us under a curse, not blessing (Jer. 17:5–6) .
2. A month of giving, and a month to review your giving processes. Leviticus 23:16 states, “Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.” Offerings can be money, time, or service. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct your special offering during Pentecost season.
3. A month of receiving new boundaries or new fields. God is releasing new ministries and assignments, and innumerable angels are being released to help us enter and take them (Heb. 12:22) .
4. A month to be merciful. In John 8, the Pharisees wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery, but Jesus forgave her. There will be times when you have to deliberately choose to be merciful.
5. A month of alignment (Moses, Miriam, Aaron). Notice worship and sound during this month. Alignment began last month (connecting the first and the third months). We aligned with the Lord by counting down to Pentecost. So now we are positioned for Him to adjust our alignments with people. Don’t be surprised by new connections the Lord brings.
6. This is a key month. Pentecost (May 17–18) is called the Feast of Weeks because it is seven weeks (fifty days) after the Feast of Firstfruits and Jesus’s resurrection. Note that “7” is the number of completion/perfection. At Pentecost, God gives the following: 1) new provision, 2) new revelation, and 3) new anointing and power. We need a new level of all of these to accomplish the new assignments He is giving us.
7. The month of the Hebrew letter zayin [ז]—receiving mercy to complete certain things. One assignment the Lord has given us is to activate people not just to prophesy, but also to heal the sick and release miracles. Lord, thank You for great grace and mercy to accomplish this.
8. Zayin means both “the sword” and “sustenance or nourishment.” Note how the word of God is both the sword of the spirit and the bread of life. Soon we will have finished counting the omer—focusing for fifty days on how “man lives by every word that comes out of the mouth of God” (Matt. 4:4). Thus, we will now find that the word is a sword breaking us into victory.
9. The month of the “transparent pane” so that you see clearly. Declare that heaven’s window is over you. Nissan (the first month) was the month of the “window of heaven.” Iyar (the second month) “connected” it so that now we can see. Therefore, expect that you can see better; also expect the Lord to make His secrets known to you.
10. The month of the constellation Gemini (or the two tablets). The law had to come twice because of Moses’s failure because he threw the first set down in his anger. Isn’t it good to know that we can fail and God still comes through for us because of His mercy.
11. The “wedding month.” Read Song of Solomon 6:3 . The whole point of the Lord giving the law at Sinai was to enter into covenant with Him. It’s like marriage—becoming one with Him. All that He has is ours. All that we have is His.
12. Jacob or Esau month—good inclination or evil inclination. We have to remember that there is an evil as well as a godly inheritance. You choose the one you want. Let’s be sure to choose the godly inheritance.
13. A month of “cause” rather than “effect.” Become a catalyst that develops into a “cause.” “Effects” will come later. This is much like sowing.
14. A month to continue on in God’s way, instead of taking a wrong path. If necessary, choose against your emotions so we don’t cause the angels to leave. “Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out, and Issachar in your tents! They shall call the peoples to the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness; for they shall partake of the abundance of the seas and of treasures hidden in the sand” (Deut. 33:18–19).
15. The month to go from one level of strength to the next.
16. The month is a connecting month from Passover to Pentecost: it's a month to connect your speech to your walk. Proverbs 10:9 states, “He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.” What you decree has to match your walk. If you don’t walk it out, the decree will not help.
Don’t let the Western mindset fragment your thinking. God is moving through—not disconnecting—the months. He is tying each month into the next. Gather wisdom and move forward. This is the way not to waste the blessings of the previous months. God’s power can restore things quickly. Once you get moving in God’s timing, you move into and begin to see restoration and acceleration. Restoration will double, quadruple, or septuple as quickly as what you wasted. Don’t give up on people who have made a mess. God can rebuild. They rebuilt the wall in fifty-two days.
(This material comes from notes taken from Glory of Zion].
 “By so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant” (Heb. 7:22).
 “In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for dust you are, and to dust you shall return” (Gen. 3:19).
 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day” (Deut. 8:18).
 “Thus says the Lord: ‘Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited’” (Jer. 17:5–6).
 “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels” (Heb. 12:22).
 “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine. He feeds his flock among the lilies” (Song of Sol. 6:3).