Elul—The Sixth Month of the Hebrew Year 5780 (August 21 - September 19, 2020)
Elul: “The Sixth Hebrew Month of Triumph, Reaping, and Increase and Joy”
Psalm 27 “The Lord is our light and salvation whom shall I fear”.
1. The month of the tribe of Gad. When Gad was being born Leah said, “A troop comes” (Gen. 30:11), which indicates increase. Also note Jacob’s blessing in Genesis 49:19, which states, “Even though a troop will trample over him, he shall triumph.” This also indicates that this is a month of triumph and victory.
2. The month to camp—or to find your place in the order of camps—in the company of the Lord. This is often the head of the year (the beginning of the Hebrew year often falls during this month). A mistrust of others or a desire to “go at it alone” are because of roots of rejection or an orphan spirit. Last month was about shifting into our identity. The more we are connected to and are part of God’s family, the more this shifting will come about.
3. The month of rewards. Rewards begin to manifest over what you have done. Think “reward.” You will begin to reap what you have sown. If you constantly labor and never see the reward, you’ll get burned out. You need to know how to abound. (In Philippians 4:12, Paul said that he knew how to abound.) Also in these end times, let us remember the sowing-reaping cycle is rapidly speeding up.
4. The month that the King is in the field. He is coming to visit us and to help us in our work and ministry. Approach Him and allow His countenance to shine upon you. There is an awe of God that we come into so He can pour Himself out upon us.
5. The month of Mercy. Ask Him for mercy for any situation in your life that needs solving.
6. A month to declare “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine” (Song of Sol. 6:3). The more we are connected to His family, the more we enter into intimacy with Him.
7. A month to run into the tower of might—a strength greater than yours that can encompass you. You don’t have to be strong all the time (see Proverbs 18:10), but you can enter into His strength.
8. A month for inner knowledge of peace to be activated. Always find time to “regroup” in order to be whole.
9. The understanding of the beginning so you can begin to reach your end.
10. The month to fix what has been broken. (If He doesn’t tell you it’s fixable, let it go.)
11. The month of complex systems beginning to be managed.
12. The “mother month.” The month of nurturing. This month is apostolic, just like Av. Whom are you looking after? Who is looking after you?
13. The month where Rebecca gave birth to Jacob and Esau. Do you “birth” blessing, or something else? What are you contending for? What is contending for you?
14. The month to try to control your emotions. You need to be sure your emotions are in good order. God gives us great ability to stand in the midst of emotional conflict and still abound. You don’t need to be someone who is unstable or unreliable. You have the ability to be a burden bearer.
- Miriam Wakefield - Notes taken from Chuck Pierce - Glory of Zion